BANCATLAN CAPACITY BUILDING
- Supporting BancAtlan (Honduras’ largest Bank) to strengthen its Small Business Finance unit by implementing international best practices in products, policies and procedures. This will allow BancAtlan to be better suited to provide sustainable financing to a larger number of under-served SMEs.
- SBI approach began with a thorough analysis, mapping and understanding of Bancatlan’s credit culture and practices, followed by the development of an action plan that included the development of more adequate products and services and a set of new politics and procedures. Prior to the implementation of the action plan, SBI provided an extensive training seminar to BancAtlan’s representatives focused on the new set of policies and procedures; in addition SBI has been providing shadowing and on-the-job mentoring to all the members of the Small Business Finance unit.
- As Is and To Be operational process maps
- Small Business Finance unit Action Plan
- Training Seminar in SBF International Best Practices
- A new set of SBF policies and procedures
- BancAtlan’s interest in extending the length of the project and extending its reach to the Housing Finance unit and the Alterative Delivery Channels initiative